Terms and Conditions of Abinger Cookery School
By booking on any of our courses or accommodation you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. We reserve the right to make amendments to the cookery courses without notice. Unless stated, prices do not include accommodation which is only intended for students attending the chalet and DofE courses. Students should refer to our website for accommodation details and prices.
Please note that ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons are included for your use during the course.
One and two day cookery courses and gift vouchers:
All payments should be made in full at the time of booking. We do not take provisional bookings and cannot confirm your place on a course until we receive full payment. Gift vouchers are sent by email but can be posted for a small charge.
Cancellation and refunds policy:
- Cancellations made by customers more than 28 days from the start of the course will be offered a refund less a £35 administration fee.
- Cancellations made by customers within 28 days from the start of the course are not entitled to any refunds.
- A customer must give at least 72 hours notice if they wish to postpone their course otherwise a £35 fee will be charged.
- If a person booked on a course fails to attend for any reason, they will not be entitled to a refund or a rebooking of another course/date.
- Refunds are not available on gift voucher purchases, nor can gift vouchers be exchanged for cash or other goods.
Please note that if there are 4 or less people on a course we have the right to postpone the course and offer an alternative date.
Corporate and Private Bookings:
- A 30% non-refundable deposit is required for parties of 6 or more people at the time of booking and 50% non-refundable deposit is required for parties of less than 6 people. Full balances must be received six weeks before the start of the course or event.
Cancellation and refund policy:
- For cancellations made more than 28 days from the start of the course we can offer to re-book you onto another date. If you wish to cancel your booking we will offer you a refund less the non-refundable deposit. Cancellations within 28 days from the start of the course or event are notentitled to a refund.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation by ourselves, we undertake to offer a full refund (within 7 days) of any course fees. However, we reserve the right to postpone courses in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control and an alternative date or course will be offered. In these circumstances we shall be unable to offer a refund.
All customers are strongly advised to take out their own insurance against cancellation for any reason outside their control.
Five Day Chalet and DofE cookery courses:
- A non- refundable deposit of £175 per person for the five day course must be paid at time of booking to secure a place on the course. The full balance of the course and accommodation must be received six weeks before the course start date. Failure to do so may result in you losing your place on the course and retention of the deposit.
Cancellation and refund policy:
- For cancellations made more than 6 weeks from the start of the course, students who have only paid a deposit will be offered an alternative date but will not be entitled to a refund.
- For cancellations made less than 6 weeks from the start of the course, students who have only paid a deposit will not be entitled to a refund.
- Those students who pay in full at the time of booking and cancel giving at least 6 week’s notice will be offered a refund less £175.
- Those students who pay in full at the time of booking and cancel giving less than 6 week’s notice will not be entitled to a refund.
- If a person booked on a course fails to attend for any reason, they would not be entitled to a refund or a rebooking of another course.
- In the best interest of a student’s health and safety the school does not allow excessive drinking or the use of non-prescriptive drugs from the time a student starts the course through until leaving. If students are thought to have been involved in these activities their course will be terminated immediately. Fees will not be reimbursed under such circumstances. Any prescriptive medication is the responsibility of the student.
- Students are strongly advised to take out their own insurance against cancellation for any reason outside their control.
- In the unlikely event of the cancellation of a course by ourselves, we undertake to offer a full refund (within 7 days) of the course and accommodation fees. However, we reserve the right to postpone courses in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control and an alternative date or course will be offered. In these circumstances a refund will not be offered.
- Please note that we cannot be held liable for any third party costs such as travel bookings or accommodation with hotels other than our own.
Health and safety:
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- All participants should wear shoes with flat, non-slip soles and covered toes. We cannot admit you to the cookery school without proper footwear. We recommend wearing sensible clothing and we are not liable for any damage that occurs to clothing or be held responsible for any personal items.
- Long hair should be tied back in the kitchen. All course participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the course.
- The chefs are first-aid trained and DBS checked.
- All children aged between 7 and 13 years must be accompanied by an adult who will be required to pay and attend the course as well.
Special dietary requirements:
- All participants must advise the Abinger cookery school at the time of booking of any special dietary requirements, food allergies or religious beliefs that may affect their eating habits. The Abinger cookery school is unable to tailor course content for special dietary requirements, but is happy to make arrangements, where possible, to enable students to take part in the course.
- Please note that the kitchens are used for many food purposes and therefore participants with severe food allergies e.g. nuts, must please telephone the school when making a booking to discuss the ingredients used in the kitchens. We cannot be held liable for any traces found that may affect a participant.
- The school will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- Cars are parked in the school car park at the owner’s own risk.
- The school will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond the reasonable control of the school.
Copyright and Acceptable Usage
- Full copyright of the course content developed by The Abinger Cookery School is retained by the Cookery School. Course notes, recipes and reference materials are provided to support participants in their ongoing cookery development and are for personal use only.
- By participating, you consent to photo images being taken to be used ONLY in advertising the cookery school’s courses, social media and website.