Working closely together with our current assistant, your job will be to join the team to make sure all our classes run smoothly and effectively, and that the school is kept to a high standard of cleanliness. It is essential that you are a team player. Accommodation is provided on the premises in a private flat consisting of bedroom, lounge, kitchenette and bathroom. A small rent will be charged to cover the utilities used.
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Ensuring the food prep areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and preparing food ready for the upcoming classes
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Putting any deliveries away and ticking off the order forms to make sure they are correct
- Meeting and greeting customers during the evening courses, if working.
- Cleaning the kitchens after classes have finished and preparing them for the next day.
- Cleaning/preparing the residential areas, bedrooms and bathrooms for students during the Chalet/DofE courses. Washing the bedding and putting away.
- Washing the aprons/tea towels each day and ironing if appropriate.
You will need to be organised, have excellent attention to detail, be flexible and adaptable to different situations and be confident and happy to speak to different age groups and people. A good knowledge of food safety and handling is also preferable (although not essential — we shall give you access to be able to complete your food safety level 2 and first aid.)
We run full day, half day and Weber BBQ courses for adults
Evening classes on some Thursdays (you will be paid overtime)
Children’s courses (aged 7 and over)
5-day Chalet courses, residential optional, Duke of Edinburgh 5-day Residential Gold Award for students aged 16 upwards (2 weeks at Easter and some weeks July to November).
Type of job: Full time. Tuesday to Saturday incl.
Working hours: Between 8 AM and 5 PM on a flexible basis. Please note your pay is for 40 hours a week as sometimes you will do less on one day and sometimes more. These hours have to be flexible because of the nature of the job, and you could sometimes be required to work extra hours or days depending on the courses.
Holiday allowance: 20 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays (if you are required to work on a bank holiday, you will be given this off in lieu). A Christmas closure will be decided by the directors and the time taken off will be included in your holiday allowance. You will be given and be required to wear a branded top at work.
Holiday pro rata basis and overtime paid on evening courses. There will be a probation period of 3 months (one week’s notice either side). After probation, then permanent with two month’s notice.