For the base
250g forced rhubarb, diced
2 tbsp grenadine
For the soufflé
90g rhubarb (base)
3 large egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Cook the rhubarb with the grenadine until the rhubarb is very soft.
- Blend with a stick blender until you have a smooth puree.
- Add a little water to the cornflour and mix to a smooth paste. Add this to the rhubarb and cook gently until thick. Then cool.
- Line the ramekins with butter and then coat with sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and then whisk in the sugar.
- Fold the whites into the rhubarb sauce.
- Fill the ramekins.
- Cook for 12–14 minutes.