8 sticks of rhubarb
4 tbsp orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
8 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp powdered ginger
110g butter, softened
50g rolled oats
110g demerara sugar
180g–200g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Cut the rhubarb into 7½ cm/3in long sticks and place on an oven tray. Sprinkle with orange juice and caster sugar and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, sprinkle over the ginger and orange zest and mix well.
- Fill the base of an ovenproof dish with the rhubarb.
- Rub the butter into the flour and sugar to make the crumble topping. Add the rolled oats and combine well. Sprinkle the crumble over the rhubarb and bake in the oven for 35–45 minutes or until the crumble topping is crisp and golden brown and the rhubarb mixture is bubbling and soft.