(Makes enough for 3 pizza bases)
Bunch or good handful of basil, stalks and leaves
2 garlic cloves
1 tin of tomatoes
- Finely chop the stalks of the basil and crush the garlic cloves.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a hot pan, then add the basil stalks and garlic and turn the heat down. Cook for a couple of minutes. (Do not leave it on a high heat as you will burn the garlic.)
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the basil leaves.
- Let it simmer gently for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and use for pizza and pasta. You can also blend if you wish!